maanantai 28. maaliskuuta 2011

Inspiration trough music (and background noise)

Best writing soundtrack is Jazzy, Atmospheric Drum & Bass! This is the conclusion I have become trough recent experiments.

I´ve been writing my final thesis quite intensively and since I´m addicted to music and sounds surrounding me 24/7, I just can´t concentrate without music (and sometimes even TV open, just blabbering on the background). I have noticed this same thing at my office where I just can´t manage to get things done if there is not other people to talk to and socialize around. The best option is to sit next to a meeting that really doesn´t mean a thing to me and just reply to emails.... (am I the only one thinking this way?)

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier D&B is the best soundtrack to writing something! It has strict and fast tempo that gives your body a nice template start pushing text into blank paper. The atmospheric stuff usually doesn´t have huge climaxes that would interfere concentration. Same can be said about the lack of vocals. And it has hypnotic enough vibe to sink your thoughts deep into the subject.

Of course I have tried numerous styles of music for this purpose, but for example basic 4/4 beat just doesn´t work (not even minimal techno).

Well, this was just a brief mention... now let´s get back to business (ie. thesis writing).

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti