maanantai 25. huhtikuuta 2011

Random Arts

This Easter has involved some interesting art experiences. Here is a short description of them:

1. Miró exhibition @ Emma

Miró was on of the greatest modernists in the 20th century. A Year ago I went to see his exhibition at Fundacio Joan Miró in Barcelona and it was very very exciting! The place itself is really interesting and fantasy like. So I was likewise enthusiastic when I heard that his exhibition was coming to my close by museum. Though Emma has done some interesting but little bit disappointing exhibition earlier (Monét exhibition had only like 8 pieces on show, Malevits was a little bit better) this was for once something else. There was about 200 works available! And to my advantage these works were mostly from the Mallorca collection - so most of them were something that I had not seen before! Half of the works were sculptures. I must say that I´m more fond of Miró´s paintings. The Sculptures work better in their correct places and they were much better in Barcelona than Espoo... Anyway, the paintings were yet again a huge isnpiration, I should do some try outs myself.

2. Foot Prints on the Moon aka Le Orme by Luigi Bazzoni

This film has been waiting some time now at my shelf. I finally had time to check it out. I got this from the local movie dealer when I asked him to recommend me some old horror movies in the vein of Don´t Look Now and Wickerman. It does it´s job mighty fine, though this time it´s even slower and more hazy! But the visuals are astonishing and the suspension has been built very sophisticated. It´s a story about a woman who is haunted with dreams about a person stranded on the moon. She has to go to a small town of Garma to find the reason behind all this weirdness. Overall this works well, though some viewers may find the slow pace disturbing.

3. Some photography lessons

I was talking to a friend of mine last week about cameras and photography and suddenly I finally realised some major points in using my Canon 450D setup. Here is some firts results, though I´m still practicing some of the basics:



The first one is my cat Isis and the second one is just a rehearsal.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti