keskiviikko 19. tammikuuta 2011

Nightmare Helsinki Records

I used to make music with trackers years ago (alone and with some friends). When I did things solo, I decided to create a "record label" to release the results. back then I lived in Helsinki, hence the name. The nightmare part comes from my favourite band C-Tank. Unfortunately most of my trax are now gone since my previous computer broke down and I couldn´t save the songs. I may have some of these backed up in some obscure cdr somewhere and if I happen to find them I will most definately put them available here. Anyway here´s the first seven covers of these releases (I know these are pretty amateurish but I don´t really care).

Actually about the not caring part, a little bit of philosophy: I personally think that it is more important to do things than worry about the quality of the output. If someone doesn´t like the stuff they are always allowed to ignore it. Perhaps I should write a separate essay about this thing and particularly from the music point of view.

I also have to admit that I was more concerned about inventing funny song titles and photoshopping covers than actually producing music. Therefore only part of the releases ever were finalized. I used to get music done only when I was producing it with my friends.

I will write more about the software and equipment we used later if I find at least some of the lost tapes....







1 kommentti: