torstai 27. tammikuuta 2011

Superstitious Technomix

Here we go again! This time it´s all about rave and hard trance from the 90´s! I must admit that this mix was all but easy to make and there are lots of bad shifts from track to another (I will listen this few times and if it sounds horrible I will record it again). Fortunately all the songs are excellent! And this is yet again 100% vinyl and 0% Digital bullshit !-D (yeah yeah, really wish I could afford to buy cd-players!).

During those times producers used to create very hard, strange and often long atmospheric intros and outros. They sound wonderfull if listened separately but make the continuous mix very complicated to create. The tempo was often pretty hard. I started this mix with negative pitch but still ended up having problems with some tracks that I had chosen. Few songs had also several excellent and actually quite different remixes and I had to make some compromises to manage to create good flow (for example, I would have wanted to use Mijk van Dijk remix of the Hypnotist´s song, but it was way too hard to mix in that point of set). I also had to change the first track to Future. I would have wanted to use Velocity - Lust from the other side of the 12" but it had REALLY weird last half and was virtually impossible to mix into anything with my current skills.

Anyway here is the tracklist:

01 Velocity - Future (Superstition)
02 Jens - Loops & Tings (Remix) (Superstition)
03 Marmion - Schöneberg (Marmion Remix) (Superstition)
04 Paragliders - Paraglide (Blue Sky Mix) (Superstition)
05 Steve Maison Experience Movement - Let There Be Rhythm (Mix To Heaven) (Think Green)
06 Three´n One - Reflect (Misjah Remix) (Low Spirit)
07 Lords of Octagon - Open da House (DMD)
08 Virus - Sun (Jam El Mar Remix) (Perfecto)
09 Quench - Dreams (Sirius Music)
10 The Hypnotists - House is Mine ´96 (Baby Doc Remix) (Rising High)
11 Lunatic Asylum - Meltdown 2000 (Hitch Hiker & Dumontdt´s "Love" Mix (Nebula)


TEKKNO LINK

- edit -
Just listened this once trough and there is some slighly irritating mistakes but nothing too horrible. Bigger problem seems to be that I recorded this a bit too loud. Therefore some clipping occurs and the levels wander little.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti